Umap Track & Nav
Track & Nav is a mobile unit supervision and management system, with in-built navigation. Umap Track & Nav:
- Is an ideal tool for every company that uses vehicles and salespersons to conduct its daily activities.
- Is provided ready to use without any required investment or installation.
- Includes in-built voice navigation for drivers-salespersons and continuous communication with the center.
- Uses map backgrounds that are continuously updated through the internet.
The system has been developed by Talent Information Systems S.A. and uses map data by Innovtive CitisShop (NaviGreece). It utilizes state-of-the-art geographic information systems (Talent Cruiser) and navigation (Sygic) technologies.
Basic Operational Features
Reception Center. The reception center operator continuously supervises the movement of the mobile units (vehicles – salesmen) on an interactive high resolution map (powered by Cruiser) of the entire country (NaviGreece), and has a series of management capabilities at his disposal:
- Real-time monitoring of the movement of vehicles or salespersons, των οχημάτων ή των πωλητών, locating their position or route on detailed map backgrounds of the whole of Greece and in any scale (from prefecture level to street block level).
- Transmission of written messages or locations-targets and routes from the center to selected or all units (broadcast). The locations-targets or the routes are shown as objects embedded in the navigation map of the devices.
- Placement of the customer list on the map with automatic geo-coding of their data, by importing .csv files and ability to attach files of any type (photographs, text, etc.) for every point.
- Quick finding of any start or destination address throughout the country.
- Design “on the map” of desired routes, based on suggestions by the system for optimal routes between start and destination points, using arbitrary intermediate stops.
- Conduct “intelligent “ searches based on keywords and spatial criteria both on the data that you place on the map and on a multitude of Points of Interest that are are already provided, organized in thematic categories (Services, Residence, Entertainment, …)
- Display and step-by-step analysis of stored past routes, to draw conclusions or to verify data (violations, delivery receipt, delays, etc.).
- Printing of detailed map excerpts of any area in high resolution and on up to A1 size paper.
- Distance measurement either along routes or in a straight line.
- Display and processing of movement data in tabular form, with the ability to order by column, select multiple objects, add and delete objects, etc.
- Create and print route reports for selected vehicles and specified time intervals. For each route, the destination address, the time and length of the route, etc. are shown.
- Vehicle, driver, salesperson data entry.
- Data import from other GIS applications (in .shp, etc. formats).
Mobile Units. They are supplied with navigation devices (powered by Sygic) which use maps identical to that of the center and are permanently connected to the reception center through a GPRS network. They are operated using very simple operations on a touch screen and provide capabilities such as:
- Voice direction to the destination points.
- Display of the position of all members of a group on the portable devices of all units, to make it possible to coordinate their movements.
- Ability to declare an emergency (SOS button) with automatic notification of the center, as well as all nearby units, to provide help.
- Sending of written messages or of locations-targets and routes. They are sent from the center to selected orall units (broadcast). The locations-targets or the routes are displayed as objects embedded on the navigation map of the devices.
- Ready to use, without requiring installation
- Immediacy and innovation in service, avoidance of errors, increase of customer satisfaction rate
- Reduction of the requirement for specialized personnel
- Minimization of conversations, saving time for the personnel
- Saving on movement and fuel, with the computation of optimal routes
- Driver safety, using the SOS button
- Support for an unlimited number of vehicles
- Minimization of the use of the mobile telephony network (data) using intelligent data encoding and compression